? ??????????????Spring Showers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??686 Grabs Today. 12478 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunny Pasture? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (4 Ratings)??463 Grabs Today. 5662 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sunflowe BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Weight Scare for Joshua

Joshua was born Wednesday July 20th at 10lbs 6 oz. Super big boy, we don't know how I delivered such a big baby, luckily it was c-section. I began nursing immediately and waited for my milk to come in, which did Friday night. But in those 3 days he lost 15% of his weight and went down to 9lbs 1oz. (from 10.6, it's a lot). okay so now I'm feeding as often as I can over the weekend and on Monday there's another weight check. No weight lost, but nothing gained either. Wednesday (1 week after birth) we go in for his circumcision, he gets weighed and has lost another 2 oz, now he's 8lbs 14oz. Holy cow what's going on. So now Joshua's pushing the 18% weight loss. My doctor has never had a baby lose THAT much weight. We save the Circ for the following week and we're admitted into the hospital. At this point Aaron and I are on board with the doctor and we're ALL stumped as to why he keeps losing and not gaining. While in the hospital Joshua recieves fluids to help jumpstart his weight back up a few ounces along with me nursing to help him. All the while he's not sick or unhealthy. A lot of blood tests were done and he's a perfectly normal baby, just not gaining weight. So strange. Thursday, 8days after birth we're released from the hospital and Josh weighs 9lbs 4oz. Most of it water weight from the IV. I spend the next week pushing the feeding. One thing I've noticed with Josh is that he's a lazy eater and loves to sleep, which I will enjoy and love once he starts gaining weight. By his 2 week check up he's at 9lbs 1 oz again. I knew this week would be the turn around. He would just gain at his own pace and in his own time. He's a healthy baby and nothing is wrong with him AND he still has plenty of weight on him. On Monday 19 days after birth and 5 days after the previous weight check he was up 4oz YES! a gain! and at about an ounce a day it's the average that the docs like to see. 2 days later (8/10/11) at his 3 week checkup he was up another 3oz. We're on the rise! it feels great. we're not worried anymore. The doctors are going to watch for one more week and then we're done with them hehe. I'm ready to stop all the trips into Medford and using the gas and babysitters. We knew Josh would be okay it just took 2 weeks for him to push through the barrier. We're good to go now!

0 comments: