Just before Christmas Aaron and I went to our first ultrasound for 8weeks. When we got there the Doctor started the ultrasound and looked around for a few minutes then told us that he couldn't find the little bean size baby that Should be there. All we saw AND the Doctor saw an empty sac inside. He told me the baby hadn't developed and that I would most likely miscarry in the next month on my own. We were devastated of course b/c this same thing had happened to us in between Amber and Allison. It's called a Blighted Ovum. So the whole month of January not only was I extremely tired and fatigued from hormones but I was also in the process of unpacking and trying to get the house in order. We were ready for this to happen so we couldn't move on and try again. End of January comes and I still hadn't miscarried. This was odd b/c I was now 13 weeks and my previous miscarriage happened at 10weeks. So I called the doctor and told them nothing had happened and they wanted me to come in the check for viability and if something was wrong inside. Aaron had to work this day so I took a dear friend with me. I figured Aaron wouldn't need to be there to see "NOTHING" again. so my girlfriend and I are in the Dr Office and the Doctor starts the ultrasound and with in 5 seconds get wide eyed and his jaw dropped. I asked What? then I looked at the screen and thought I saw the shape of a head but of course I couldn't believe it, I was of course going to miscarry Right? I looked at Him then my friend and the Doctor said, "There's a Full size 12 week fetus in there!" I looked at the screen again and saw the baby's whole body and within 20 seconds the doctor had the heartbeat going so we could hear. Now I really wish Aaron was there. I was bummed he didn't experience it. But I was glad I wasn't alone. I started tearing up and I could believe that the doctor had been wrong. He said he couldn't explain it b/c we all had seen the empty sac. The doctor said in all his years he's never given such an extreme diagnosis of miscarriage then the patient come back and miraculously have a baby inside. My only explanation was that the baby was hiding somehow. Such Amazing news! I was actually pregnant, the baby was in there and he was healthy and fine. I went home and told Aaron when he arrived home. I showed him the pictures and it took him about an hour to accept and realize that this was happening. What a Joyous day!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment